Sunday, April 24, 2011

Rest Day Read Friday April 22, 2011

Rest Day Read (SR-83)
Shantivanam, Forest of Peace
I haven't been a lot of places in my lifetime, but the Shantivanam House of Prayer in Easton, Kansas is the most holy place I have been to.  When my uncle was the resident priest there, the family would attend midnight mass on Christmas and Easter sunrise mass every year.  It was and still is a magical place.  As a kid, I think I felt God for the first time in the silence of the walking trails. It is a place of retreat, a place of solitude and spirit. I learned of (and learned to appreciate) the power of silence in finding God's presence there. I ate my first turnip fresh out of its gardens and met numerous wonderful people of spirit and faith during my brief visits.  Great memories of Shantivanam.
Check out the link by clicking the title above or their slideshow HERE.
Have a happy and safe Easter.

No comments: