Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PREG-FIT:How to Exercise Pregnant

A pregnant friend, who enjoys following the occasional whining of the Fam-Fit participants, asked the other day about safe ways to do some of the exercises during pregnancy. As this falls safely within the black hole of FEMININE ISSUES according to the man laws, I did not really know what to tell her. I knew from our past experience that walking and light weightlifting was nothing-but-good to prepare a mother's body for crunch time (I don't know if "prepared" is even a possibility, especially with twins). I have seen and read of mothers-to-be performing Herculean physical tasks all the way to the third trimester. Other than that, I am a typical male idiot, so I did what any other self-respecting male would do...run! No, not really. I Googled it and found the link below that give excellent advice and recommendations for exercising when pregnant.

Pregnancy and Childbirth: Exercise

So, if you read something in the Fam-Fit section that looks like fun(?) AND it fits within the recommendations in the article AND the advice of your doctor, give it a try. Good luck, be safe and be healthy.